Henderson & Hilton

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Creamy Chicken, Broccoli & Artichoke Pasta



"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves." - Alice Adams


That was in an email I got from Puppy Daddy this week. No wonder I love cooking dinner every night. He is the best husband ever. He is extremely romantic, loving to surprise me. I get a special gift every time we go on a trip together. After a long day, I often come home to him greeting me at the car with flowers and a glass of wine. In fact, once I pushed the button to open the garage door to pull my car in and saw a little table set with wine and flowers!  He emails me a love poem or quote EVERY DAY! I have no idea what I ever did to derserve such an amazing man, but boy am I blessed.

No wonder I love cooking dinner every night! I especially love finding a recipe that allows me to make something delicious and use up ingredients from my fridge and pantry. This is that kind of recipe. You could use any protein, any vegetables, and just about any pasta shape you have in stock.

Start this dish by pounding your chicken breasts until they are about 1/2 inch thick. Then poach the chicken breasts in the chicken broth. When their cooked through remove them from the pan and add the cream. Cook until it gets thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Melt in your Parmesan. Then add back in your your chicken, artichokes and broccoli. Toss with cooked pasta and fresh parsley.

Eat!
 
Ingredients
2 (6 oz.) chicken breast halves
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup broccoli florets, cooked
1 (9 oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1/2 pound fettuccine pasta
Salt and pepper 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (2 oz.)
 



Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Pound chicken  to 1/2-inch thickness. Pour broth into a skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, lower heat to medium and cover. Cook, turning twice, until no longer pink, 12 minutes.
 
Transfer chicken to a plate and cover with foil. Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Boil rapidly until liquid has reduced by half. Pour in cream, bring to a boil, and cook until thick enough to coat back of a spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. (Watch carefully and stir to prevent it from boiling over.)
 
Chop chicken and artichokes; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to pot and stir in sauce, chicken, artichokes and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with parsley and grated Parmesan, and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment