Henderson & Hilton

Friday, November 30, 2012

Alton Brown's Stove Top Mac and Cheese

OK, here is the first recipe in the Wednesday Mac and Cheese Challenge. I love Alton Brown, and his show Good Eats. I use several of his recipes for staples such as baked potatoes and chicken wings which both turn out spectacular every time I make them. So, I was excited to try this version of stove top mac and cheese. Like his other recipes that I have tried this one was delicious and easy. I especially liked that it made plenty of cheese sauce. I like my mac and cheese very creamy and I find that many recipes call for to much pasta so I have to double the cheese sauce. This one was perfect! You should try it soon.

I haven't picked out next week's mac and cheese recipe. If you have a suggestion for me, please post it as a comment!
 
Ingredients
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons butter
2 eggs
6 ounces evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh black pepper
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
10 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded

Directions
In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.

Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.

1 comment: