Henderson & Hilton

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Wednesday Mac and Cheese Challenge

Over 25 years ago Puppy Daddy and I unknowingly started a lifelong tradition. At that time and for some 20 years to follow, Puppy Daddy directed church choirs that rehearsed on Wednesday nights. We would never get home until after 9:00 and needed a quick, easy dinner.  Somehow we settled on macaroni and cheese, and tuna fish sandwiches. Even since Puppy Daddy retired from directing choirs six years ago, he still insists on this comfort meal every Wednesday. The tuna sandwiches have varied over the years from simple white bread, tuna and mayo to tuna melts with a variety of ingredients. The macaroni and cheese however has mostly stayed the same, Kraft Sharp Cheddar Deluxe.

Well, now I'm giving myself a new challenge, a new homemade Mac & Cheese recipe every Wednesday. There is a  restriction, however.  I know this is southern sacriledge, but we don't like baked macaroni and cheese. So I'm looking for stovetop recipes only. If you have any suggestions please post them as comments. I'm anxious to get started. I'll keep you posted on the results.

1 comment: