Henderson & Hilton

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Super Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle

Shopping is finished. Presents are wrapped. And now the baking is done. Not that I did very much baking, in fact I don't really think you can call this recipe baking at all. I decided to make peanut brittle for Christmas presents when I recently discovered my son loves it. When my grandmother, Mimi Bates made peanut brittle it seemed very complicated. She even roasted her own peanuts! I never, ever considered making it myself until I saw this recipe on Pinterest from a great blog, Plain Chicken. Believe me it is as easy as it looks and it tastes fabulous! You should try it soon!

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup salted peanuts

1 tsp baking soda

Directions
Combine sugar and syrup in a microwave safe bowl (I use a glass bowl), stir. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Add butter, vanilla and peanuts; stir. Microwave on high for 1 minute 25 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and quickly stir in baking soda. Immediately pour mixture onto parchment paper, aluminum foil or a silpat. Spread into a rectangle and let cool for 1 hour. Break into pieces and enjoy!

1 comment: