Henderson & Hilton

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms

I did not grow up eating Brussels sprouts. In fact I don't think I had them until I was in college, but after eating them I loved them. I love them even more since I tried them roasted at The Farmhouse at Serenbe in Serenbe, Georgia outside of Atlanta. My husband took me there on a Thanksgiving trip.  I think it may be the best restaurant we have ever eaten in. They serve regional cuisine using locally grown, organic ingredients from the restaurant’s own garden as well as from Serenbe Farms and other area producers. If you are near Atlanta, I encourage you to make reservations and enjoy an amazing meal there.

Roasted Brussels sprouts are about the easiest side dish I can think of. Just slice them in half along with a bit of onion, some mushrooms and I love to add a bit of bacon  prosciutto. Mix with some olive oil and rosemary, garlic seasoning mix. Then roast at 350 for about 30 minutes. Delicious! You should try this soon.

Ingredients
1 lb Brussels sprouts, stem removed and slice in half
1 cup mushroom, sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped bacon or prosciutto
2 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 TB dried rosemary and garlic seasoning mix

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, onions and bacon on a rimmed cookie sheet. Using your hands coat with olive oil and seasoning mix. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes until Brussels sprouts begin to brown.

2 comments:

  1. Is the rosemary and garlic seasoning mix something you buy or make? NWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I but it as a mix. The one I have now is by Tone's from Sam's club, but I know you can also find some at Publix.

    ReplyDelete